Devoted Exclusively to Handling Real Estate Matters
I am attorney Jay Pansing. As an experienced real estate law attorney in Denver, I have been assisting clients with real estate concerns throughout the metro area for more than 40 years. Whether you are purchasing, selling or leasing residential or commercial property, I can provide you with knowledgeable guidance throughout the course of your transaction.
I can provide you with legal advice that is specifically tailored to meet your needs and goals. To schedule an appointment to discuss your situation, contact me by using my online contact form or by calling 720-496-4740.
Applying Real-World Experience to Real-World Situations
As a Denver lawyer, I leverage more than simple legal experience to address your real estate needs. Over the years, I have owned and operated a title insurance company and founded another law practice, to which I still serve of counsel. I also have a qualified intermediary business for facilitating 1031 exchanges. This real-world experience in the real estate field allows me to give you the advice you need when you need it.
My extensive background in real estate law, and the fact that I strictly limit my practice to real estate issues, allows me to knowledgeably and efficiently resolve your transaction or title concerns. I understand the need for your transaction to go smoothly, and I will work diligently to ensure that it does. To learn more about my background, follow the link below.
The Knowledge and Experience You Need in Real Estate
I bring comprehensive knowledge to individuals and businesses with real estate law issues, including:
- Real estate transactions: I work with buyers and sellers of residential and commercial properties, from negotiations to title review to reviewing closing documents. I also provide counsel on the tax implications of real estate transactions and represent clients in for sale by owner transactions as well as zoning and planning matters.
- Residential and commercial condominium conversions: I represent individuals and businesses that seek to establish new condominium projects or convert traditionally owned property to condominiums.
- Title matters/access/adverse possession: I handle a broad range of title disputes, including access and easement issues, rights of way, and adverse possession claims.
- Commercial and residential leasing: I negotiate, review and prepare commercial and residential leases for property owners and commercial tenants to ensure compliance with applicable laws and to protect their interests.
- Waiver of subrogation: I provide experienced advice on whether a waiver of subrogation clause should be included in leases and the impact that such a clause may have on both commercial tenants’ and landlords’ liability and insurance.
- Real estate broker law: I help real estate brokers and real estate companies formulate policies and comply with Colorado’s broker laws to avoid or minimize legal problems.
- Commercial foreclosures and receiver appointments: I represent lenders needing to foreclose commercial property and help them decide whether a receiver should be appointed.
Why I Am Different
My experience as a real estate law attorney allows me to understand real estate and title issues quickly. I have the ability to determine when an issue needs to be dealt with and when it really is not a problem for either party. Unlike many lawyers, I am willing to spend the time analyzing every aspect of your individual situation to provide you with a thorough understanding of your options and how to move forward. I am also AV Preeminent peer-review rated,* the highest rating, through Martindale-Hubbell.
I devote my personal time to advancing my knowledge and education on real estate law. I have written and spoken extensively on complicated 1031 exchanges and other tax and legal issues affecting the sale or purchase of residential and commercial real estate. It is my belief that these additional activities have made me a better lawyer, allowing me to address your concerns more efficiently.
Call for a Consultation With a Colorado Leasing and Title Insurance Attorney
For assistance with real estate purchase and sale transactions, residential and commercial leasing, or any other type of real estate matter, speak with me. To schedule an initial consultation to discuss your situation, contact me by using my online contact form or calling 720-496-4740.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.